Thursday, May 1, 2008

One of THOSE days...

I know I only have one child.
I know I have a pretty good gig being a stay at home mom.
I know I have a supportive husband.
I know I have a darling babe.
But I still can't help having one of those days.


A day when every room in the house looks like a bomb went off...


A day when there is more dirty laundry than clean (I will spare you a pic)...

A day when I feel like I am going to die if I don't lay down and sleep for an eternity....

A day when I would kill for the sun to be shining and warm (instead it is snowing)...

A day when I have no idea how my mom survived 6 kids...

A day when nothing I do helps my crying babe...

A day when I just need some adult interaction...

A day when I realize we bought a house with so many projects
I don't know where to start...


AND THEN I SEE THIS...


And I realize that my little one has concentrated very hard on placing each
individual toy JUST SO, after examining them carefully...




And I realize that to him, the cardboard box that is making me crazy in the
living room is quite possibly the most interesting thing on the planet...



And I realize that even though I think every kitchen gadget has at one
time has been played with, I always seem to find one more
that he loves just as much...



And I realize that everything is better when it is chewed and tasted...



And I realize that after a long afternoon of 'organzing' toys
it doesn't get any better than this...



I love you Harrison.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

He is so ridiculously cute; I need to stop by and see you when he's awake one of these days.

Amber Carlston said...

good post!!! Love all the pics!

Toria said...

oh Annie! I was having one of those days last week too (and we even have a maid since we're in a hotel) and I still felt your pain- well, except for the snow! Hang in there. You get to go to Ashland soon, the weather will warm up. You don't have TOO many projects, just one at a time.
love and miss you!

Alexis said...

So sweet! It's amazing how a smile, how eye contact and gaze from your baby can make everything okay all over again.