Saturday, May 24, 2008

Stuck again and Skechers

I can't help but laugh at all the places Harrison manages to wedge himself. It is amazing - and I must document with photos - so I don't forget. He is coming up on one year and I want to make sure I write these things down - you gotta love blogs. A journal with pics that his Grandparents can read on a regular basis - perfect. Even though the pictures are a little fuzzy due to his attempts to become un-stuck, you get the idea.




It is no secret that Harrison is on the heftier side. He is wearing 24 months size clothes at 12 months and to date has never worn shoes. Not for lack of trying on his parents part to find adorable footwear. His feet are just to THICK. That's right, THICK. The only way I can describe them to those who have not had the pleasure of seeing them, is that they look like rectangle blocks. Long, wide, and thick (or tall). I have tried all different brands, styles etc. and no luck. Until today. My three sisters and I were at Kohl's, and I came across these:



Not only are they super cute, but they fit his feet. They are extra wide and have a velcro strap that is long enough to fit over the thickness! Of course he hated them and tried to rip them off - but he was strapped into his car seat and then his stroller and could not reach them! So we enjoyed a lovely evening shopping, playing at the Gateway fountain, and riding in the car - all with a baby boy sporting his new kicks.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Sweet kicks! I love them.

Thanks for all your help this weekend. It really meant a lot to me that you would take time out of your holiday weekend. I must say, I have the best sisters!

Toria said...

very cute shoes! They are perfect for crawling too so his little feet don't get rubbed raw (Ivy has a little pair of crocs that I use for the very same reason).
I love that he gets himself into funny little predicaments and I love that you take photos before rescuing! So cute! I am really really really wanting to find a way to get these kids together this summer- I/ we miss you guys!