Friday, May 9, 2008

Major Milestones

It's official, our little guy is growing up. People are always telling me to really take advantage of the time I have with Harrison as a baby - and I have tried to - but it seems like he is growing up extra fast as of late. Yesterday we had to move the crib down lower to the floor - one too many bumps on his face. So when I went in today after his nap, he had both arms through the slats waiting for me to rescue him. I made him wait a little longer while I grabbed the camera - he wasn't happy about it.


I just realized these pictures look like he is doing hard time...



Everyone keeps asking me what Harrison's first word is - I have to say......it's MAMA. Probably because on the fridge right next to his high chair at his eye level is our Christmas family photo. And every time I put him in his chair to eat - I go over the words - MAMA, DADA, HARRISON. He seems to say MAMA every time. It melts my heart.



Lastly, I am going to be doing some consulting work from home for my old company in California - so Aunt Lizzy came over this week to play with Harrison while I was on a training call. She strapped on the hiking backpack and they took a little walk through the yard. I couldn't help but capture the moment. Thanks Liz. Harrison is getting so much better being without his Mama - another milestone that is exciting - but one that is breaking his mom's heart just a little.



1 comment:

Gotolson said...

I can't believe that Harrison is that grown up already! It goes by so quickly. Jude is loving preschool with your mom and he always is so excited to go there. Call us next time you're in town!
Tome