Tuesday, May 13, 2008

11 months

Today my babe is 11 months old. 11. I can't believe it. And since I am using this blog as a little family journal - those who actually read it have to put up with all my posts about my Harrison - ha.

This month marked some pretty fun milestones in Harrison's life. He can now clap on cue, mimic laughing and dancing, scoot around the house backwards, roll and pivot like a crazy man, and just TODAY moved forward in an army crawl for the first time, but most importantly......he started sleeping through the night. I am a whole new woman. The first 6 months of his life he ate every two hours - for 6 months. When I thought for sure I was going to lose my mind completely, he started sleeping for longer periods of time for the next four months. And on April 24, 2008 - a day marked VERY clearly on my calendar - he pulled an all-nighter. Oh happy day. There were a few nights of crying, a couple nights where he just woke up and played in his crib for hours, but now every night is an all night sleep. He goes to bed around 7pm and usually plays in his crib for about 20 minutes laughing and talking to himself, and then he falls asleep until 6:30am or 7am. I truly never thought I would sleep again.

So....on your 11 month birthday - thank you my dear Harrison for being such a wonderful, captivating, loving child to raise. But thank you MORE, for loving your mama enough to finally let her catch some Z's.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Honestly, Annie, I don't know how you did it. Thank goodness you are finally getting some much-deserved rest.

Gotolson said...

Isn't it great to have a full night's sleep! Jude woke up at least once a night past a year old. Most of the time he would just wake up and come get in bed with us. Kids never sleep straight either!

Chris Carlston said...

Waaahhoooooo!!! You are doing a great job, Super-Mom! Go Team Howe!

Amber Carlston said...

we need to come over when this kid is awake, I feel like he's changed so much since the last time I saw him!!!