Sunday, May 11, 2008

To My Beautiful Mother...

As I child I knew I loved my mom - and I told her so all the time.

During my teen years - 'I love yous' from me became a little less frequent because I knew everything and didn't need anyone. She never changed.

As a college student I realized how amazing she was - and really tried hard to emulate her in every way I could.

After college we became friends - and I consider her the most fiercely loyal friend that I have.

When I got married - her advice was by far the most meaningful to me and I began to strive even more to be just like her.

During the first three weeks after my son arrived - she wiped away my tears of exhaustion and pain, cooked three meals a day, cleaned my house, held my little one, loved my little one, encouraged me, wiped away more tears, shed a few tears with me, gave me advice, took night shifts, and loved me. I have never felt closer to her.

THANK YOU MOM - for raising me, teaching me, being patient with me, believing in me, being proud of me, and showing me how to be a mother to my son.

I LOVE YOU.

2 comments:

marlequin said...

Aunt Lesley is like my second mother, and that means I have an amazing arsenal of mothers around me. We love you AL.

Alexis said...

Annie, I have tears in my eyes reading your tribute to your mother. I agree and relate! Especially that part about the three weeks after Harrison was born and wiping away tears. How true! I don't know how I would have made it through my first ten weeks with twins without MY mother. You are a beautiful daughter and mother!