Sunday, May 11, 2008

Oh yeah...I'm a mom too

It is strange to be wished 'Happy Mother's Day'. After all, this is my first one as an actual mother. Harrison was born just a few weeks after the big day last year, and so here I am. I received some phone calls, some delightful mint chocolates at church, and two of my most favorite things in the entire world...

1) Chocolate covered strawberries and raspberries - DELICIOUS

-AND-


2) A gift certificate for a spa pedicure - HEAVENLY


These two lovely gifts make me one of the happiest ladies on earth - how can I ask for anything more? Thanks honey for the prizes.

These past 11 months since Harrison has come into my life, have been full of every human emotion imaginable. I have shed uncountable tears, become humbled at the awesome responsibility of raising a child, been so proud I could burst, laughed out loud more that I have in ages, become so protective I might turn into one of 'those' moms, and loved more that I could have ever believed possible. I read on a blog recently of a mom who after a very rough day with her little ones - reminded herself that she is making motherhood her mission - no matter what. I thought that phrase was very inspiring. Motherhood is super hard, super fun, and super crazy. But I too - am going to make it my mission. Besides - how can I not, when this is who I am responsible for teaching everything that I know?


Wish me luck.

2 comments:

bestgrandkidsever said...

Annie, you'll be an awesome mom; you had a great teacher. And could we make it church policy that all wards give out mint chocolates on Mother's Day?!

Jessie Nielson said...

I'm so jealous about the chocolate covered strawberries and raspberries. And now I want some...