Friday, August 15, 2008

Oregon or BUST!

Recipe for Disaster...

4 adults but only 2 drivers
4 kids under the age of three
1 car
13.5 hour drive
10 wild burros
20 jack rabbits (sorry to one of them)
1 herd of cattle
4 deer
1 snake
Dash of fear
2 tired burning eyes
60 miles of curves
2 nervous, excited grandparents
1 sigh of relief at a 4am arrival






The famous Zimmer 'Dirt Dessert' was consumed by all....


Lithia park was enjoyed by all four cousins....




Harrison lounged in his car and was pushed around by everyone.....
(notice three different outfits. Translation: he NEVER pushed)


Grumpa taught H all about gardening at 6 in the morning...


and the beautiful gardens were enjoyed by all.....



4 comments:

Barry and Shannon said...

I must say that I love your parents little "farm". It's so relaxing and quite a sanctuary!

Cute pic of your dad and H!!

Jen Anderson said...

ANNIE- oh how I love the stories and pictures from your Ashland trips!! There is nothing better than cousins, grandparents, siblings and oh that garden!! So happy you got to spend some time at home.

Leilani said...

Oh my gosh! We were in Ashland at the same time! Bummer that we missed each other! We were on the Allen's houseboat from Aug 13-17 with a little layover in Ashland. It looks like you had fun.

Tiana Johnson said...

Oh my gosh! Your mom's yard looks like my vision of paradise. I've got to go get ideas from her next time I'm in town. Also, how does she keep the dirt under the trees weed-free! I'm going to pick her brain. I also love the new grass in your yard. I'm dying for grass. My entire yard has been dirt for the last 6 months for so, and it's been driving me insane with the dirt tracked in by the kids and the laundry overload. I can't get grass until I get sprinklers, and I can't get sprinkler until we see if we have leftover money after the house remodel completion. Someday...