Saturday, August 9, 2008

Dear Salt Lake City,

Thank you from the bottom of my little heart for having City Clean-up week.

Thank you for motivating us to chop, saw, rake, dig, and till 50 years of neglect from our yard.

Thank you for letting my sweet husband and I put a pile on the curb the size of the Taj Mahal.

Thank you for picking up said pile even though it was CLEARLY over the size limits.

Thank you for being full of rock-loving citizens who loaded their trucks with our discarded rocks before you even came with your giant bulldozer-scooper-dumptruck thingy.

Thank you for allowing our wonderful friends and family to live in your beautiful city so that we could have free help on said chopping, sawing, raking, digging, and tilling day.

Thank you for having a Carl's Jr. near my home so the troops could eat such nourishing and healthy food.

And thank you for not fining me for the appearance of my yard - your stern, registered letter I had to sign for scared us into action.

Love,
A, J and Big H

PS. Maybe next year the weather could be a little cooler than 152 degrees. Thank you.




Before.....and after....goodbye dead apple tree....


Before....and after.....goodbye natural fence....goodbye privacy.....hello world



Up next ------ stump removal, dirt moving, new planting, and a fence. Stay tuned.

No comments: