Sunday, August 17, 2008

To my amazing parents...

Today marks 35 years that you have been married. 35 years! Thank you for being such wonderful examples to me. I have never seen you fight - and I have never heard you yell - no small feat to be sure. But mostly, thank you for being just plain wonderful. You both have been so very supportive of whatever I chose to do (even when I moved to a little island in the sea with $200 to my name and no job), and have always been encouraging when I needed it most. You have been my loudest cheerleaders, my most devoted fans, and most fiercely loyal friends. I love you Mom and Dad. Here's to 35 more.

2 comments:

Jen Anderson said...

What a blessing it is to have such wonderful parents. Congrats to them, and may we all learn from their example!

The Lanyons said...

That's so sweet. Your parents ARE great. What island did you move to? I'm tragically out of the gossip loop living out here.