Saturday, August 23, 2008

A weekend retreat

I have been a mom now for all of 15 months - and this is what I THOUGHT I KNEW for sure. Weekend getaways are no longer relaxing and peaceful. In fact they cause me anxiety (if any of you knew Harrison the first 10 months of his life - you know what I am talking about).

So when some friends asked us up to their beautiful cabin about 2 hours away - an internal battle began inside me. Wouldn't it be fun to get out of the city? The mountains are so beautiful in the late summer! How crazy will Harrison be? Will we still have friends after the weekend is over? Will Jay and Jessie decide kids are not for them? etc., etc., etc.

My anxiousness was short-lived. The cabin was incredible. The company was the BEST. The relaxation was divine. The napping was long-overdue. The morning walk was perfect. The games were super fun. The food was totally delish and Harrison was an angel. Thanks Chris and Amber for having us!





6 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun and that your anxieties over H were short lived. It just keeps getting easier as they get older!

Toria said...

I hope you got some sort of evening retreat or something for your birthday! Happy birthday Annie! We loved seeing you and Asher is still asking if we can go back! I hope you had a wonderful day/ weekend! love from all of us.

krishna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sabrina O'Malley said...

That looks like so much fun. But I am with you on the vacation part. I love and fear them.

Rookie Dad said...

Looks fun! Will you call me. I can't find your number. L, Jaime

Tiana Johnson said...

I'm not a fan of Utah, but I could move there if I could live in that "cabin". That's so my style, and I love the aspens. I'm jealous.