Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Before Thanksgiving - I had never been to Rexburg, Idaho. All three of my sisters have at one time or another lived there - but I have never made it up there to visit. This year - four of the five Clason girls (we missed you Toria!) decided to put on a holiday feast and spend the weekend with my sister Cat and brother in law Dan - in icy cold Rexburg.

Only it was wasn't too cold and I saw NO ice at all. A perfect introduction for this sunshine loving girl.

I was introduced to the wonders of WINCO, saw TWO movies at The REX, and had the time of my life cooking and spending time with my sisters.

We made enough food to feed 50, even though we numbered just 8 - and we all enjoyed our fair share of breakfast pie, brunch pie, lunch pie, pre-afternoon-nap pie, post-nap pie, dinner pie, and late-night pie for the next couple of days.

Everything went smoothly for the first 24 hours - then poor little Claire burned her hand on the fireplace glass, Harrison decided to cry and be awake torturing his poor parents from midnight until 4am, Claire didn't want to be left out of nighttime drama and so began a night of throwing up the next night, and we left feeling 100% exhausted but happy at the same time (the life of a mother?? perhaps.)

I loved visiting Rexburg and can't wait to go back this summer and do some sightseeing at Jackson Hole and Yellwstone!







1 comment:

Tiana Johnson said...

I wanna be a Clason during Thanksgiving! It looks so yummy! They have a Winco in Rexburg now? Dang, not when I was there. I could have saved a bundle!