Friday, November 2, 2007

The Boston Pumpkin Sox






Our little 'H' was too cute with his cousin Claire as the Boston Red Sox. Thanks to my sister Emily who exercised her domestic talents and sewed the socks! Later that night - our little pumpkin made his debut and was just as cute!


Ha -- Jordan here, and I have seized control of the blog (for a moment, until my lovely wife sees this post and gets mad at me). Now I will attempt to describe Harrison's first Halloween. First off, I must make it clear that I am not a fan of Halloween on the whole. Don't get me wrong, I love candy, I love candy corn (that deserves its own mention), I love a good scary movie, and I love the lore of Halloween with the frankensteins, draculas and werewolves. What I do not like, however, is the actual day, when people cake on stale-smelling make-up, coat their hair with aerosol-sprayed dyes, and wear costumes made of materials of the same consistency as most toilet paper. But the day seems different, as a lot of things do, with having a child to make it cool and fun. My gorgeous wife and her sister Emily came up with the 1st costume of the day for Harrison and Claire -- a matching set of baseball apparel, with each child stuffed into a large red stocking. Together they were, of course, the Boston Red Sox (cue laughter). Both babies were brought to our work party, and they were a hit; until Harrison started chewing the lint off his stocking and had an epic meltdown. I got home from work a few hours later, and was greeted by my wonderful wife holding a jack-o-lantern bedecked Harrison, ready to greet any trick-or-treaters. Whether it was our building's code-key door, or our reputation as unkind individuals, we had absolutely no trick-or-treaters come to our door. A shame, really, because I had purchased some excellent candies. Only fun-size ones, though. Soon enough we'll be that cool family that gives out the full sized Snickers and 3 Musketeers bars. Well, I suppose that's enough of a Halloween recap for now. Excuse me while I go wash the Aquanet out of my hair.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Cutest pumpkin I have ever seen! I didn't know you had gotten that outfit-- it is awesome. Jordan, you must had had a hard time at work on Wednesday, because there was a lot of cheap make-up and sprayed hair. But you have to admit, Amy's get-up was pretty awesome.

Toria said...

Jordan, I would love to have you be the author of my blog. I love that you can make Harrison's "epic meltdown" sound hilarious!
Very cute kid you have!

JONES FAMILY said...

He is absolutely adorable. I can't wait to see you all again in a few weeks. Heath wants to be the house that gives out the "REAL SIZED" candy someday too. haha

Trina said...

Jason so dislikes Halloween that he was handing out our (non-cool) candy by the handful at the Trunk-or-Treat so he could go home sooner.

Jordan, you are hilarious. Excellent Halloween recap!

Riewerts' said...

Annie...thanks for finding us on this Blog world. It is awesome to stay in touch with you all. We know this is late but congrats on the baby boy. We have a little girl due in a couple months...we can't wait. We love the Redsox outfit..though you are talking to a newley baptized Rockies fan...i know I jumped on th band wagon but how do you not cheer for them....Talk to you soon. E and T

cmjkmj said...

Chris would vote for the Sox outfits hands-down (way to go Emily!) I am partial however to the jack-o-lantern that goes so cute with his yummy rosy cheeks!! (I'm talking about the ones on his face Jordan!) ;0) Love the man's perspective on the blog too....keep it coming!!!!