Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Eat your heart out Martha


A culinary triumph on my part to be sure. I made 9 pies and one mixed berry cobbler for two different Thanksgiving dinners this year. I thought Jordan's favorite day of the year should be stretched out as long as possible! Martha had great ideas in her magazine for November, so I decided to try my luck. Let's face it, hers were a little more perfect but I had a great time trying to be a domestic goddess.

We spent Thursday up at my sister Emily's house with her husband Tim and their little girl Claire. Emily, being the creative genius that she is, had the table beautifully set. Great Turkey Tim! We loved it. Harrison and Claire finally acknowledged each other and played quite a bit. What fun to have a cousin close in age be so near. We couldn't resist the thigh comparison between the two. I think Harrison has several inches of chub on her.



Friday we went up to Jordan's parents house for dinner with his family. The spread was insane to be sure. I think that we could have eaten for days and not polished off all of the food. It was delicious. Harrison got to spend time with his cousin Jackson, his aunties and uncle, his grandparents and even great-grandparents. I love the holiday season and the chance we have to be with those we love!


As my brother Matt says......."Commence weight gain!"

7 comments:

Barry and Shannon said...

Your pies look delicious! The crusts are great! I'm with Matt on the weight gain.

Cat Zimmer said...

Oh Anne, those pies look terrif- I wish I could have been there to enjoy the festivities. Miss you

Jessie Nielson said...

I'm impressed with how beautiful your pies turned out. Mine never look that good!

Emily said...

Love the Cherry Pie, it looks great! That photo of H and Claire is cute. We loved having you guys over for dinner.

JONES FAMILY said...

Those pies do look incredible! oh how I love pies. Em did a great job on the table setting. The babies are adorable as always!

RegaNater said...

Hey You guys!
i am so excited that you have a blog. Sorry I did not get back to you for so long. Your little guy is adorable. Case has nothing on him! haha! Well hopefully we can now stay in touch better!

Sabrina O'Malley said...

Yum, I want some. Sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving.