Saturday, April 26, 2008

My little house

Just over one month ago, my little family moved into our first home. It is all ours - and I love it.

I love how no matter what room in the house you are in during the day, you never need to turn on a light. The windows are incredible.

I love that the kitchen has enough cupboard space to fit every single kitchen gadget I own (which is WAY too many).

I love the dark kitchen cupboards.

I love that even though the house was built in 1935 - the floors don't squeak.

I love the front porch and can't wait to sit there on warm summer evenings.

I love hearing stories of the crazy cat lady that lived here for 50 years from all the neighbors.

I love even more that the remodel was VERY extensive and no evidence of any furry creatures remain.

I love my quiet little neighborhood.

I love my kitchen countertops.

I love the dark walnut floors that Harrison helps me dust by scooting around backwards.

I love that the furniture we already have looks fantastic in the living room.

I love that I didn't even have to paint when we moved in - the colors are perfect.

I love the bathroom (even though there is only one).

I love that the yard is totally overgrown and wild and I have many hours in the sun to look forward to.

I love that after the snow melted, tulips popped up all throughout my lawn, under trees, under the deck, everywhere.

I love that my mom and sister Emily dug them up and planted them in one of the front flower beds.

I love the fact that I have tulips.

I love that my husband loves the house because it makes me happy.





2 comments:

Tiana Johnson said...

How great that you have tulips unexpectedly. All that popped up unexpectedly here is wild onion, and it reeks! I love your floors and cabinets and countertops. I need more pictures! I'm curious to see the outside of the house and the rest of the rooms!

Suzanne said...

I love tulips too! Aren't they great flowers. Your kitchen is gorgeous. I'm jealous. I don't love my kitchen especially my oak cabinets and it's so crazy expensive to change out. A year later and I'm getting used to it. Congrats again on the new house. Now... let's see more pictures:)