Saturday, May 9, 2009

New Hair





I have given Harrison four little haircuts in the past. Trimming the bangs, making the back at little less mullet-y, etc. In fact his last haircut involved him screaming in terror as the hair I snipped floated around him in the tub. So I had my doubts about a 'real' haircut.

He proved me wrong. While watching Monsters Inc., he sat in his 'big boy chair' eating Cheerios for twenty minutes while I snipped away. I couldn't believe how in control he was.

I do miss the curls terribly - but I guess he has all summer to grow those back. Right?

He looks like a little boy now - such a big difference.



After the big cut, we went outside to brush off - where he of course took the toy of the week. A green dinosaur that he is convinced loves to eat bark chips he finds in the yard. 'Dinosaur hungee Mommy. I feed it.'



And then to make sure I haven't forgotten that anything with four wheels does in fact belong in a tipped-over state, he takes care of business with the fire engine.



5 comments:

Kim said...

He looks so adorable with his new haircut! He does look a little bit older, I can't believe he is almost 2! He is just such a sweetheart, we had so much fun with him tonight. Hope you're feeling better! :)

Susan said...

Hey, Annie -- Yesterday I went for my first ever ride on a John Deere 510 backhoe (Royal at the wheel). I thought of Harrison and how much he loves big machinery!

Rebecca said...

Oh... sad to see the curls go, but he look adorably handsome with his grown up do!

The Mcclellan's said...

He is so cute. I am so impressed that you cut his hair. I would cut off an ear if I tried to do that. He's so cute.

Toria said...

woohoo! new posts!
I love the big boy hair- and totally understand the sadness in cutting the curls. you're a better mom than me- I let Asher look like a rag-a-muffin for way too long!