Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Car Trouble

Jordan was in a car accident last week. Thank goodness he is okay - nothing a good chiropractor can't fix. But we are so so so very frustrated.

The other guy is claiming it was Jordan's fault (it wasn't).

His insurance is a joke - some mom & pop thing back east.

They are NO help to us (shock).

The guy that hit him was in a rental car - so his life has gone on as normal while we are dealing with rentals, tow yards, body shops, etc.

We find out today from our insurance if they deem it a total loss or if it can be fixed. The body shop guys told us they are certain it cannot be fixed (broken axle and all) - so that means car shopping (right up there on the fun list with job hunting) and a car payment.

So basically, the guy that was speeding down a one way and plowed into Jordan, has had to change NOTHING about his everyday life while we have inherited deductibles, injury, inconvenience, and a future car payment. Annoying to be sure.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Not Fun! So sorry to hear that. It seems like I always get hit by the un-insured. Is Jordan on the job hunt? These are serious tough times. I hope things start looking better for you guys soon.

becky said...

So frustrating! We just went through the same thing and finally found a car this weekend. Fortunately the police officer who showed up placed blame on the other guy, which helped. Good luck!!!

Sarah said...

Yuck... I feel your pain. The one thing I have learned from my many accidents over the years (never my fault!) is to let my insurance company duke it out with the other guy's insurance. I just refuse to deal with them directly. My insurer is pretty great about handling it all, which makes it nice. As nice as dealing with post-accident nonsense can be, anyway.

Alison said...

Oh, the poor Mazda! I hate when people don't take responsibility for their actions... Happy Hunting!

Coulio said...

Some people just Suck! Tell that guy to shove it! We need to do LOST soon. I have lots to catch you up on :)

Love,
Jen