Thursday, March 19, 2009

Exploring

It is 4am - and I cannot sleep - again. So here I sit - obsessing over the crazy mess that is just outside my door. The driveway is torn to shreds, dirt and mud are making their way into my house at an alarming rate, weeds are multiplying by the second, the grape hyacinth that infects my yard is back with a vengeance, and my mind is racing. So I blog for documentation sake instead of sleeping.

During all of the construction - and because the weather is finally tolerable - we have spent the majority of our days outside. Harrison has found a favorite place in my 'very much a work in progress' yard. Under the giant pine tree with all the stray rocks I pile there. He makes rock 'towers', digs with his shovel, fills and dumps his bucket....Align Left


and of course NEVER cracks a smile for the camera...


and because we spend so much of our time there, I have lots and lots of time to think about what to do with this lovely piece of land. Gone is the dead apple tree, stray tree stumps, giant bushes, and about a million rocks. Suggestions? I think we will lay sod on most of it and keep a small bit for a vegetable garden - what do you think? Of course we might just have to leave the rock tower area in tact - and heaven help me with all those weeds.

No comments: