Sunday, November 7, 2010

Missing

For the past eight months (I think that is how long it has been since I blogged...) I have thought on multiple occasions - that I should just sit down and blog. Do a little here and a little there and eventually you will catch up. I took hundreds of pictures of my kids this summer, hundreds of Ava growing from a newborn to a crawling wild little one, hundreds of Harrison turning three and becoming my little man. I should have done it. About five weeks ago our home was broken into and amoungst all the replaceable items that were taken, it is the things I cannot replace that has caused my heart to ache. You see, I, like a lot of other people I know - do not print my pictures as I take them. Back in the days of film - this was not a problem. I kept meaning to, but I just never did. So my photos from the last two years are gone, as well as all the video I have taken over the last three years of my kids.

So I write this not for sympathy - but just as maybe a little kick start for others. Put your memories onto cd or external hard drives outside of your home. Because hard drives in the home get taken too. Anyway, I hope people don't mind if I take a picture or two off their blogs of things that involved my family in the past. I am going to try and piece together events from others photos.

Anyway - I have made a vow with myself to be more diligent about not only blogging, but printing pictures and becoming more organized altogether. So stick with me as I begin blog catch-up!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am right there with you; only recently printed a handful of photos to make a photo album for Winnie to look at in church. I'm so sorry you had to be the cautionary tale, though -- that is truly awful.

The Lanyons said...

I'm so sorry! What a nightmare. I'm backing up our photos tonight!

At least you do have a lot of great stuff on the blog already!

Alison said...

So good to see some new posts! Was missing your posts and photos! Do you have any info on Heaton Ranch? Looks like a great place for a family reunion but I can't find anything about them online... Hope you are doing well!!