Tuesday, September 29, 2009

First Attempt

Now that we are homeowners, we attempted a garden this year. We weren't quite sure what would grow if anything in our long neglected soil - but we took a chance.

It was quite beautiful by the end of the summer (of course I didn't take a picture) but we really didn't enjoy the harvest:

Reason #1: Being pregnant, the very idea of any kind of squash or vegetable being cooked in my kitchen sent me running to the bathroom.

Reason #2: Our zucchini turned out to be orange. Pumpkin Orange. So in addition to me being grossed out by veggies in general - the thought of orange zucchini made it even worse.

Reason #3: Jordan doesn't really like squash - and we had a lot of it.

Reason #4: We planted our tomatoes too late, and only got a few cherry tomatoes and one big one off the vine before it froze.

Better luck next year I suppose.

No comments: