Friday, March 13, 2009

21 Months

At 21 months - my little guy is almost two. I write this not to bore you - but so that I don't forget.

When he sits on the couch, on a bar stool, in a regular chair, drinks out of a normal cup - he is a BEE BOY (big boy). I love that he wants to be grown up.

Every time I ask him "How ya doin'? He replies immediately: "Doin' good." I laugh every time.

He has started to sing. Bits and pieces of songs - but enough to figure out what the song actually is. Sometimes he combines them - for example (to no particular tune): "Happy Birfday little star X Y Z sing wif me."

He wants to count EVERYTHING. Snacks, fingers, shoes, rocks, etc. And almost ALWAYS it goes like this: "One, Two, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Fourteen, Seventeen." Apparently he has no need for three, eight, and most of the teens. It cracks me up.

He is obsessed with the Alphabet - and just this week started to try to sing it. He skips a few letters, puts some where they shouldn't be, but he is on the right track.

He says "AGAIN" about a gajillion times whenever I sing something he likes. At first it is endearing, but after yelling it over and over - it becomes (dare I say) a little less endearing.

When I put him down for naps or to bed at night - he rarely cries - but just says "OKAY!" when I tell him we will play some more when he wakes up.

He loves to climb -anything and everything. When he reaches the top of whatever it is, he declares "I TALL!"

He can't wait for his dad to get home - he runs up to him and yells "WANNA WRESTLE!" Then chaos ensues.

Small sentences are beginning to take form: "Another book, read it." "More milk please!" and perhaps the most popular "Golden Triangle of Destiny!" (a sesame street spoof on Indiana Jones that he loves).

His favorite toy is the "Phone-mote" (his word not mine) - which is the DVD remote that in his world moonlights as a phone.

And he knows that saying PLEASE gets him just about anything. How can you say no to "PWEEEEESE?"

Love my little guy.

5 comments:

Toria said...

he is so cute. I'm not sure if I am going to be able to hold out until Christmas to see him and Claire (and the rest of you) we need these cousins together- on video for posterity sake) soon. He cracks me up and is such a little smartie pants. LOVE it!
We miss you guys. Thanks for calling us.

Kim said...

He is just the cutest thing-- it is so fun to hear all the new things he can say every time we see him!

SandyKay said...

Love your posts! He's a keeper that's for sure. Love to all of you ~ SK

The Lanyons said...

So smart! What a talker!

Alexis said...

This is great- all those great phrases he says now will soon be morphing into full sentences. And kudos to you for teaching him to be so polite!