Saturday, September 13, 2008

Look who's.........

Eating.......


Climbing.......


and WALKING!


Just when I think I am going to lose it if I step in one more surprise on the kitchen floor, refold and put back the contents of my dresser drawers one more time,
and upright the entry table that has once again crashed to the floor...

I see this.....total elation and total sweetness.....and everything is just perfect.




In the personal interest of documentation:

Harrison is 15 months old this month, has six teeth (two more are trying to bust through), began taking more than 2 steps between the coffee table and couch on the 4th of September when he walked 4 steps, walked 8 steps the next day, 8 more the next, and then 17 big ones down the hall from his bedroom. Since then, he has improved each day and is now darting around the house opening everything that has hinges, climbing everything that he can get his chubby legs up on, and basically destroying the house!

He LOVES his animals and can correctly identify about 20. Walrus, Sea Lion, Hippo, and Giraffe seem to be his favorites. He carries them EVERYWHERE he goes - and makes the most hilarious pig noise/scrunched up face you have ever seen whenever he plays with the pig.

It is so much fun to have him understand things that I say, and try to mimic the words I am trying to teach him. He now says 'bye' when you leave, 'hi' when he sees you, 'uh-oh' when he drops something, and 'yeah' to almost every question you ask him! Hilarious.

He also LOVES anything with an engine. He drives his cars and trucks all around the house making engine noises the entire time - and every time he hears a car/truck outside he points to the door, makes his engine noises, and tries to get to the window as fast as he can to see what is making all the racket. Today we watched our neighbor edge and mow our lawn from the front window. He wouldn't leave until the engines were silent. I love it.

We have been learning the parts of the face - and he thinks he is something else when you ask him to point to his nose, ears, mouth, teeth, and cheeks. When I ask him where his eyes are - he never points to them, he just says 'eye' and smiles - and it melts my heart.

3 comments:

Jen Anderson said...

Seriously, that boys face is completely irresistable. I am already in love with him!!

Jacque said...

Okay, I need to fess up that I have been reading your blog. Trina set me up with a few "starter" blogs when I started mine. Harrison is adorable and must be the same age as my Evan who was "1" June 7th. How fun to see such similarities. Cute boy!

Toria said...

WOW! It's amazing how much he's changed and grown in just a month. So fun! Congratulations to the big boy on walking!!!