Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What we did today...

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!

SMALL, CHARMING, OLD AND PERFECT.

Strangely enough, I felt so calm signing my life away and handing over a big chunk of our savings account. I can't believe we finally have a place of our own. The yard needs the help of my mom, (thank goodness she is coming to town tomorrow) and I can't wait to get my hands dirty, but the house is move-in ready. I have been planning the furniture arrangement for weeks in my head at night. This weekend I finally get to see if our things actually fit where I have imagined them!

PICS TO FOLLOW!


7 comments:

Barry and Shannon said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Houses are so much fun! You'll never have "free" time again. But because it's yours you won't mind! We need to get together sometime. I would love the kids to meet! Congrats again!

Suzanne said...

That is so fun! Welcome to the life of never ending projects:) We just got a new roof yesterday since we had wind damage a few months ago. Fun stuff!! I can't wait to see the pictures. Congratulations

Lisa Ridgley said...

A big congrats! You'll love the write off ;) Have fun with it!

Toria said...

congrats annie, send pics and good luck with mom in town. I finally was able to log into the blogs so I wanted to say hi. I will send pics soon. I already miss "home" and haven't quite adjusted yet, but will soon. I'm excited about your cute little place, I'm sure H will love it too!

Sabrina O'Malley said...

I am so excited for you! Please tell your mom hello from me. I can't wait to see some pictures.

Grace Meacham said...

good for you guys! how fun to be in major debt....tee hee!! love to all three of you...and hope to see some picutres up soon....love, auntie c