Sunday, December 9, 2007

Major Milestones

Last week I was cleaning the kitchen and listening for Harrison to wake up from his nap. All of a sudden I heard a scream through the monitor (my heart skipped a beat) and I raced back to his room and threw open the door. What did I find? Harrison gripping the sides of his cradle with his hands and one leg jammed through the wooden slats on the side. He was stuck. His kicking game had ended abruptly and he was VERY unhappy about it. It was a serious situation that I couldn't help but laugh at. Jordan and I had been leisurely shopping for cribs for several weeks - but I realized then that the search had to intensify and a new crib needed to make its way into our little man's bedroom. We decided we wanted black furniture so we ordered a crib and spent the next two days sanding, priming and painting the other furniture we already had in the room to match the crib. Is it insane that my 6 month old has the nicest room in the place? After shopping for a few minor accessories (bedding!) the room is almost totally done and looks fantastic. Harrison is free to toss and turn as much as he pleases!





Another major first....Harrison (much to my sadness is losing some of his chubbs) and has discovered that he has feet. He can grab them and especially likes to suck on them in the tub! It is so fun to watch him change every day. Life is getting better and better. My mom has been telling me over and over 'Just make it to 6 months and you will see major improvements.' She was right. He sleeps better and is lots of fun in the evening ( a MAJOR change). I think I am going to make it!


8 comments:

Emily said...

Love the crib! He looks so tiny in it! Well, as tiny as he can look. He is the cutest.

Barry and Shannon said...

He is sooo cute Annie. What a pretty crib. I also love the pic of Harrison with food on his face!

Leilani said...

Great pictures. I can't wait to meet him next week!

Jerilyn said...

No, HE CAN'T BE LOSING THE CHUBS! I've been DYING to see all these Clason grandkids!

Anonymous said...

It is so fun to see your cute baby! We will have to get the boys together for a playdate when they get to that phase. I LOVE the chubs!

Anonymous said...

ps This is Troy's wife :)

Adams Family said...

Hi there My name is Tara Adams - but Jordan would know me as Sister Quail - I served around Jordan heaps on our mission.
Your little boy looks ADORABLE!
Can you let Jordan know I said Hi!
We have a blog to it is
www.scottandtaraadams.blogspot.com
or you can email me at
tadams1977@hotmail.com
Tell Jordan I would love to hear from him!
I hope you have a great CHRISTMAS
Love Tara

The Mcclellan's said...

Annie he is getting so big I cant believe it. I love the new crib. We have now moved up to a big boy bed, hopefully he'll be there for awhile now. It is true they get alot more fun after about six months. Just wait till they turn one and start to try and tell you what they want or even better make up imaginary friends, its so much fun.