Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happy 29th Birthday

Yes. I know. That officially makes me two and a half years older than my husband - deal with it.

Birthdays before homeownership and babies were quite a bit different.....they didn't involve early morning yard work and grocery shopping to be sure. But as we went to work on my hubby's birthday rather than indulging in a lazy mid-morning feast of yester-year...we were reminded how much we love our little old house while pulling weeds and spraying round-up, and how our little one doesn't seem so little now that he has six teeth and gets his own gallon of whole milk each week at the grocery store.

We spent the day as a family. And I loved it.

Later that evening, my sister Emily, bro-in-law Tim, and cousin Kodie, watched Harrison so that we could go to dinner at Jordan's favorite restaurant of all time The Red Iguana, and catch the evening show of the Dark Knight with Kim & Tim. I LOVED the food, LOVED the movie, and LOVED the company. Happy Birthday Honey!


The next day, we had Jordan's parents, sister and bro-in-law, nephews, my sisters and their hubbies and little Claire over for a birthday dinner to break in Jordan's new BBQ. Jordan manned the grill, Dave brought delicious pasta salad, and a feast was enjoyed. Thanks everyone for coming!



Jackson helped his Uncle Jordan blow out the candles...



Claire scooted around the house to her heart's content...



And H showed off his sweet wrestling singlet from his Auntie Toria...



Commence thigh squeezing...



But perhaps the greatest birthday present of all.....for the first time
in an entire year, Harrison made it through one whole hour of
church without leaving the room.....it must have
been the tie (his first time ever wearing one)!



8 comments:

Cat Zimmer said...

I think H should try out for the US wrestling team at the 2020 summer olympics, he would make the team by his thighs alone. And I love the tie, he looks so handsome.

Sarah said...

I don't know which I love more -- the singlet or the tie. Probably the singlet by a hair. He's so cute in both.

Emily said...

That tie... that's all I can say! He is so cute!

Emily said...

Oh yeah, happy birthday Jordan!

Barry and Shannon said...

I must say that the singlet was the highlight of the post! Sorry Jordan! Happy b-day! That had to be the funniest things I've seen on a baby!

Anonymous said...

wait a minute ... how did we spend four days with you guys and NOT see H in the singlet????

Toria said...

woohoo! he wore the singlet! so glad it fit! and did I send you the shirt and tie or leave it for your mom to send to you or did you just have the same taste as me, cuz I could have sworn I picked out something like that for little H, but I also know that I never put anything in the mail and left a few things for my mom and your mom to take care of. Either way- he looks adorable and happy birthday Jordan! I'm still fighting to come see you guys- I'll let you know if I have any success!

Tiana Johnson said...

Daisha is 3 years older than her husband. She says she has a few precious weeks when they're only 2 years apart, and then it's 3 again. It's funny to think of because I'm actually older than him, though I never would have guessed it. I'm 10 months older than Hyrum, but I always seemed to end up dating younger guys. Not on purpose! It just happened that way.